Assists ESOL Supervisor in planning, development, support, and coordination of ESOL programsfocused on student academic achievement and professional development for educators.Promoteseffectiveandtimelycommunicationwithteachersandschooladministrators.Essential Functions
1. Assists in district-wide implementation of standards-based instruction and technology integration by utilizing active
instructional coaching cycles to include modeling lessons in order to provide job embedded professional development for
teachers with English Language Learners.
2. Provides curriculum expertise to deepen teacher content knowledge through active participation in common planning,
school based common planning and lesson study cycles.
3. Facilitates collection, analysis, and use of varied data to identify student learning needs, plan professional development,
and assess outcomes.
4. Identifies examples of best practices, delivery of effective research-based instructional strategies, assessment of student
learning, and classroom management that improve teaching and learning and coordinates model classroom visits for
teachers of English Language Learners.
5. Provide ongoing support several schools across the district.
6. Participates actively in all ESOL, WL, DL events and cultural celebrations.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. Master's degree preferred.
Experience: Five (5) years of successful classroom teaching experience, with three years' expertise in the ESOL field. Experience with planning and conducting professional development. Skill in developing multi-media presentations. Must have the ability to manage projects, facilitate groups, analyze data, and communicate effectively. Mastery of at least two (2) world languages, Spanish and French preferred.
Certifications & Licenses:
Florida Department of Education Certification in ESOL K-12 or ESOL Endorsement. FL ESOL Certification K-12 Preferred. For Dual Language – Elementary Education Certification required. FL World Languages - Spanish K-12 Required. Knowledge,Skills,andAbilities
Knowledge of federal, state and district requirements and policies related to teacher quality, student achievement, and parent involvement
Knowledge of current trends and best practices in ESOL, World Language, and Dual Language Programs
Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Strong word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software skills
Strong time management skills
Strong data analysis skills
Strong creative problem-solving skills
Ability to manage multiple tasks
Ability to facilitate meetings effectively
Ability to work collaboratively with teachers, principals, and parents